When travelling for business or pleasure, one of the most important things to plan for is accommodation. In cities, choosing the best place to sleep might not be a straightforward thing to do. To make a good choice it is always important to know the options at your disposal.
Common types of city accommodation
- Apartment hotels- These come in different sizes and they have different features. They are popular because they give the traveller a feeling of being at home. They are either fully serviced or partially serviced. Fully serviced apartments offer cleaning services. Partially serviced apartments allow you to do more of the chores.
- Hotels- These are still the most popular choice for people. Hotels spoil you by taking care of cleaning, room service and entertainment. Hotel rooms are also offered at a wide range of prices.
- Motels- Motels are convenient, especially for short stays. They target passing motorists, although backpackers also love motels. The packages offered are limited due to the markets they target.
- Hostels- These are probably the cheapest option because some amenities are shared. They are popular with travellers who will be staying for a short amount of time.
To choose the best city accommodation, it is important to know your needs as they can guide you to the best accommodation.
What to consider
- How long you are staying- Apartment hotels and regular hotels are more popular with travellers who stay for longer.
- How much time you will be indoors- If you will not go out a lot, it is good to be in a place that has everything under one roof. You might choose a place with sufficient entertainment.
- Location- This has several points of view. The first is business. If you will be travelling a lot within the area, you want to avoid long hours in traffic, so you need to consider how far away you'll stay. The second is pleasure. Do you want a view of the city skyline or the beachfront? Do scenic landscapes steal your breath?
- Budget- How flexible your budget is will determine the best accommodation for that price.
- Travelling arrangements- When travelling with family, friends, work colleagues or business partners, some types of accommodation may be of the question due to the complexities that come with these groups.
- Nature of trip- For a business trip which involves meeting clients in the hotel, you will want to create the right image. The type of hotel you stay in can build or destroy your credibility. For a holiday, choosing a place with a relaxing atmosphere is more sensible.